Using a Direct Link Page for Downloads
The direct link page template allows you to point a page to a different site; but, did you also know you can link a page directly to a file in your "Downloads" section? If there is an important document you want your website visitors to have immediate access to, such as a printable schedule or a waiver release form, you have the ability to create a page that takes them directly there.
How to Directly Link a Page to a Download
- Upload a file to the "Downloads" section. This can be done by clicking the "Edit Home Page" tab on the left side of your dashboard, then selecting "Downloads".
- Click the "Upload File" button, select your file, name it, and click "Create. Once the document uploads, click on the name of your file. It will pop open in a new tab. * The document will need to be in PDF form to open in a new tab. Otherwise, it will download directly to the computer instead.
- Here, highlight the entire URL in the address bar and copy it.
- Return to the previous tab and click on "My Pages." Once there, click "+ New Page," type the name of your page, and select "Direct Link" from the dropdown bar.
- Paste the URL into the box and click "Save."
You now have a tab in your navigation bar that sends visitors directly to the document when clicked!
Have any questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or click the “Help/Feedback” button on your dashboard.