Creating a Private Page
Private pages allow you to put important information on your website, while restricting access to certain individuals. This can especially come in handy when adding content that is for board member and coach eyes only. Whether you are looking to post a breakdown of the budget, upcoming umpire schedules, or a player database, a private page may be the way to go.
In order to accomplish this, we highly suggest utilizing Google Drive for any sensitive documents. It is a free service where you can store documents and share them with specific people, and you can link it to your Jersey Watch website. All you need is a Google account to get the ball rolling. If you don't already have an account, you can create one by clicking on the link above and signing-up.
- After you have logged-in to your Google account, access the Google Drive by clicking on the square icon in the upper-right corner of your screen
- When you get to the Drive, click on "New" in the upper-left corner, and select your document type
There are a handful of types to choose from, and they have similar capabilities to Microsoft Office applications. Docs is like Word, Sheets is like Excel, and Slides is like PowerPoint. Clicking "More" will provide you with additional options, as well.
Adjusting Privacy Settings
- Once you have created a document (or folder), you can choose who you want to have access to it. This can be done by clicking by clicking "File" in the upper-left corner, and then selecting "Share"
- A box will pop-up titled "Share with Others." Click the word "Advanced" in the bottom right corner, and a new box will open called "Sharing Settings". Here is where you can allow access to certain people
- Who Has Access (yellow box): Click "Change..." and select "Off - Specific People" at the bottom of the list
- Invite People (green box): Add the email addresses of those who should have access
- Permissions (red box): Choose the level of interaction the person can have with the document. "Can edit" means they can work on the document, just like you. "Can comment" means they can leave notes for you. "Can view" means they can only read it (no edits)
- Link to Share (blue box): Copy the URL provided in the box, and return to your admin page on your Jersey Watch site
Linking To Your Website
- On your admin page, go to "My Pages" and create a new page by selecting "+ New Page". Title the page "Administration" or whatever works best, and select "Direct Link" as your page type. After hitting "Create Page", paste the URL in the box, save the page, and you're all set!
If you visit your website, you should see a new tab that links directly to the Google Drive when clicked. Once the tab is clicked, it will pop open in a new browser window and the user will be prompted to sign-in to their Google account. If their email address is not on the list of allowed users, they will not be able to access the document. You can always edit this list by revisiting the "Sharing Settings" page shown above.
Have any questions? Send us an email at email@example.com